How to Pack Your Moving Truck Like a Pro
It’s going to be another busy year for home buyers and sellers in and around Beachwood, Ohio. If you’re planning to become either of those in the near future, now is the perfect time to set up your moving truck and storage rental arrangements. Choosing a truck rental option instead of hiring full-service movers can save you tons of money, but it’s important to know how to pack your truck properly so that you get the most out of the space while your belongings remain safe and undamaged. The following tips can help you pack your moving truck like a pro.
Tips for Packing Your Moving Truck
- First, make sure you have all the necessary equipment needed to transport, secure and protect your belongings; these include blankets, straps and furniture dollies.
- Remove all furniture from the house and place it in your driveway. Seeing large items beside your truck will help you get a better idea of how to fit them in skillfully.
- Place heavy furniture against the truck’s back wall.
- Use straps throughout the process of packing your truck. Secure layers or sections of items to prevent an avalanche effect during a sudden stop.
- Disassemble as many furniture items as possible.
- Fasten furniture doors and drawers so that they cannot accidentally open during transit.
- Place couches in the truck vertically; horizontal placement takes up more room.
- Protect exposed wood, glass and metal surfaces with blankets to prevent scratches. Wrap upholstered items in plastic.
- Place small boxes on available book shelves to optimize space.
- Large pictures, glass table tops and mirrors should be crated or wrapped in bubble wrap or other soft materials. If possible, slip these items between mattresses for extra protection.
- Avoid leaving open floor space inside the truck. If necessary, remove some items that are stacked vertically and place them so that they prevent other items from sliding.
Arrange Your Beachwood Ohio Storage Rental Early
Reserving your storage space and truck rental in advance ensures that you’ll get exactly what you need for your move, and it will be in a convenient location. If you’re not sure what size or type of storage unit and moving truck to reserve, make an inventory of items that will be transported and stored, and speak to your storage facility and truck rental company employees. They’ll know how to help you get a more accurate estimate, and they can set up your rental contract on the spot. Remember that your budget and the safety of your stored belongings are important considerations. For secure, affordable storage unit rentals in and around Beachwood, OH visit Storage Zone.